Expedition of Laws  

Posted by Linda Keilbart Scanlan in , , , ,

Today I actually felt horror touch my soul. The things that are being passed by our government into law is chilling. I see communism everywhere. I watch as people go about their business with seemingly blissful ignorance. The average American does not know what in the world is going on. Obama is trying to get passed a mandatory youth military for "homeland security" reasons. This is what Hitler did when he began his reign of horror. This law if passed would mandate military service like Spain did. The people would be brainwashed with foolish ideologies of supremacy. The older generation who lived through the holocaust and in concentration camps are shaking with fright as they see history repeat itself in a nation that represents safety from the evils of the world. It is no longer "out there". It is here and settled in our government. This proposed military would be the eyes and ears of the government. We would have to watch what we said like the Russians did. For the first time in my life I had a brief thought of moving to another country. This country and it's constitution is too great to abandon.

I received "hate mail" prior to the elections when I quoted a holocaust survivor's article of history repeating itself and looking like Hitler in the form of Obama. Many people do not like the inference, but here we are only one quarter into the new administration and it is all being laid out for the nation to see.

Legislation and laws are being enacted so quickly that the American people are unable to keep up with it all. Watch groups crying out against the governments bombardment (NRA, Grass Roots, MRC, etc) are barely keeping up with it all. The American people are relying on their watch cries to keep them abreast of what is going on.

The amazement and wonderment of the expedition of these things is causing me to reflect upon the matter more fully. Many of these measures had to have been formatted and typed up prior to the inauguration. Some I believe are formatted after communistic regimes. Yes I know that there are people paid to write these things up and they are familiar with the language required for these things, but a budget report with over 8,000 earmarks, does not get typed up over night.

Take a look at the "School House Rock" lyrics to "I'm Just a Bill":

Boy: Whew! You sure gotta climb
a lot of steps to get to this
Capitol Building here in
Washington. But I wonder who
that sad little scrap of paper is?

I'm just a bill.
Yes, I'm only a bill.
And I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill.
Well, it's a long, long journey
To the capital city.
It's a long, long wait
While I'm sitting in committee,
But I know I'll be a law some day
At least I hope and pray that I will
But today I am still just a bill.

Boy: Gee, Bill, you certainly have a lot of patience and courage.
Bill: Well, I got this far. When I started I wasn't even a bill, I was just an idea.
Some folks back home decided they wanted a law passed, so they called
their local Congressman, and said, "You're right, there oughta be a law."
Then he sat down and wrote me out and introduced me to Congress. And I
became a bill, and I'll remain a bill until they decide to make me a law.

I'm just a bill
Yes I'm only a bill,
And I got as far as Capitol Hill.
Well, now I'm stuck in committee
And I'll sit here and wait
While a few key Congressmen discuss
and debate
Whether they should let me be a law.
How I hope and pray that they will,
But today I am still just a bill.

Boy: Listen to those Congressmen arguing! Is all that discussion and debate about you?
Bill: Yeah, I'm one of the lucky ones. Most bills never even get this far. I hope they
decide
to report on me favorably, otherwise I may die.
Boy: Die?
Bill: Yeah, die in committee. Ooh, but it looks like I'm gonna live!
Now I go to the House of Representatives, and they vote on me.
Boy: If they vote yes, what happens?
Bill: Then I go to the Senate and the whole thing starts all over again.
Boy: Oh no!
Bill: Oh yes!

I'm just a bill
Yes, I'm only a bill
And if they vote for me on Capitol Hill
Well, then I'm off to the White House
Where I'll wait in a line
With a lot of other bills
For the president to sign
And if he signs me, then I'll be a law.
How I hope and pray that he will,
But today I am still just a bill.

Boy: You mean even if the Whole Congress says you
should be a law, the president can still say no?
Bill: Yes, that's called a veto. If the president vetoes
me, I have to go back to Congress and they vote
on me again, and by that time you're so old...
Boy: By that time it's very unlikely that you'll become
a law. It's not easy to become a law, is it?
Bill: No!

But how I hope and pray that I will,
But today I am still just a bill.

Congressman: He signed you, Bill!
Now you're a law!
Bill: Oh yes!!!

This is the process we were taught as children. It takes time to get these things through and look at what Obama has done! Maybe we need to look into his research and reference books to see where they are coming from.

This entry was posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 at Monday, March 23, 2009 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment