United Country of North America  

Posted by Linda Keilbart Scanlan in , , ,

According to Steve Elliot from grassfire.org (an organizatiopn created for the purpose of monitoring and supporting border security), Bush is pushing for a "North American Merger" with Canada and Mexico. This according to Bush, is for the purpose of securing our borders.

Lets run with this idea for a minute. IF we did merge in order to protect our borders who then would run this new North American country? Are we opening ourselves up for foreign hands running this nation? Will we rotate Presidents from the three countries or will we have a joint presidency that can't agree on anything?

For sure we wouldn't have illegal aliens from Mexico anymore because they would all become citizens and have free reign to go where ever they want in this new nation. Maybe the overcrowded Mexican country would pass right through America and find themselves in the vast expanse of our Canadian neighbors with their free health care.

What about a united North American Country that still uses boundries? Doesn't sound like much of a change so why do it? Would this merger be financially sound or would we be taking on more than we could chew? I say "we" because this writer feels that America would be the one handling the shift and taking on the responsibility of these two nations. Would this be an acquisition like unto adding new states or protectorates to America. Not enough information is coming forth on this important topic.

The meeting in Canada has been down played and is now being called the "Jellybean Summit". Steve Elliot has recommended reading the book "The Late Great USA" by Jerome Corsi to get better acquainted with the proposal that is being made. As for me, I don't think we, as a nation, are at a point in our development to handle such a large task.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 at Wednesday, August 29, 2007 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 comments

I do not believe the merging of this three nations is a good idea. I wouldn't mind the western half of Canada becoming part of the United States, but the eastern half of Canada and all of Mexico have no idea what is involved in being an America. Nor do they want to know.

It's a very BAD idea and I am strongly against President Bush's proposal that we do this. In fact, I have almost come to regret having voted for him.

August 30, 2007 at 6:42 PM

Okay, sorry I'm back again. What can I say, but I wanted to share:

I posted this on my blog today:

"Okay, I'll admit it. Anne Bradshaw over at Not Entirely British did a really good thing and I am shamelessly borrowing from her idea of spotlighting the most amazing youth in the world. I think it is incredible what she has done and the youth that are the finalists in her contest are truly amazing. If you haven't gone to her blog yet, read about them and vote, you're going to want to do that as soon as you're done reading mine, submitting a nomination and generally recognizing that I'm the greatest blogger to ever walk the earth . . . all right, all right, you don't have to do that last part. As long as it exists in my mind I'm okay with that.

Announcing the Best Husband in the World Contest -- please check out my blog today."

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, right?

September 5, 2007 at 7:46 AM

Speaking as a Canadian,

Although Canada would like to have a friendly and open relationship with the states, no part of Canada is interested in becoming part of the states.

Yes western and eastern Canada often don't agree with each other...actually it's more Quebec that doesn't get along with anyone, we still see ourselves and want to retain our own identity and culture. Joining with the states and losing our health care and becoming most likely secondary citizens doesn't appeal to Canadians.

I don't think you have any worries there.

What may happen as the US starts to deteriorate is that we will have illegal Americans coming to Canada.

It wouldn't be the first time.

But I would hope we would be caring enough to take in those who need refuge.

October 6, 2007 at 6:21 PM

Anna Maria - now, now . . . that's not true. I happen to know that large, large numbers of Western Canadians are participating in huge rallies to sucede from Canada and petition to join the U.S. YOU may not want to, but believe me, tens of thousands of your countrymen do.

Do I think that's the answer? Not necessarily, but I can't blame them.

Again, note my comment in the latest post. Your government is complaining to ours about the influx of illegal Hispanic aliens . . . why? Because they don't want illegal aliens anymore than we do.

October 7, 2007 at 10:06 AM

Ooops, spelled secede wrong.

October 7, 2007 at 10:07 AM

The Western Seperatists are interesting in creating their own country.

October 7, 2007 at 3:05 PM

Post a Comment