Playing By The Rules  

Posted by Linda Keilbart Scanlan in , , ,

My mind wanders a lot. Lately I have been thinking again about the problem of illegal aliens in our country. Let me assure you that I am speaking of more than the Hispanic influx into our nation. I am concerned about the world wide illegals. I have sympathy for those fleeing countries that are plighted with war and famine, but I feel they need to do it right and they need to play by the rules.

As I was contemplating this issue again I came upon a thought and I grasped it and pondered it. That thought has become a stigma from within as I mull it over. If an illegal alien were to break the law here in our country, he/she is not an American citizen and should not be protected under our laws and our rights, but they should answer for the crime that was committed on our soil. This would appear to be a conflict from within, but the wandering mind again came through.

The illegals would not share the rights of American citizens but would pay the cost for their crime according the laws of their own country. In places where hands are still cut off for stealing and extermination of families are performed for bad mouthing government, this could be a major deteriant for those who would come and hurt us from with in.

This may sound harsh but many come to America because of the conditions of their countries. They want to escape and then they come here and they bad mouth the very country which feeds them and nurtures them. I am sick of the "burning flag" mentality of those who have come here for relief. IF illegals are caught make them pay anf don't protect them. Don't allow them free meals and education in American prisons.

American citizens and their "burning flag" mentality may possibly be another topic to cover in the future, in the mean time, let me know how you feel about this post.

This entry was posted on Saturday, September 22, 2007 at Saturday, September 22, 2007 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

9 comments

I'm tired of that as well. And like you, the illegal aliens flowing over our borders cause so many problems. From the hit our health care industry is taking, to the smack in the face to our education, to the 200,000+ illegal aliens from Middle Eastern countries who were told to come back so they could be deported. WHAT KIND OF MORONS ARE EMPLOYED BY I.C.E.?

September 23, 2007 at 11:15 AM

Hi there,

Linda, your name sounds very familiar to me. Have I met you?

Secondly, I agree with your blog. Wholeheartedly.

I even agree with Josh Groban in your sidebar. :)

September 23, 2007 at 9:31 PM

So if a father breaks a law and he comes from a place where they would kill the family, you would be all for killing that mans innocent children?

October 6, 2007 at 1:58 AM

Don't be ridiculous!!! I'm still an American...Just kill the Father.

Linda

October 6, 2007 at 8:38 PM

"In places where hands are still cut off for stealing and extermination of families are performed for bad mouthing government, this could be a major deteriant for those who would come and hurt us from with in."

Uh, why would I be called ridiculous when i was just asking about this above statement that you made. You were the one who said that exterminating the family would be a deterant.

October 7, 2007 at 1:48 AM

Anna Maria - don't pick a fight. Linda's right about this and she is talking about illegal aliens. They do not want to honor our laws so we need to hold them to their own. It's not as if they don't already know them, because they do.

I don't know how severe the problem is becoming in Canada, but I know your government complained to our about it, so it must be escalating. If people will not honor the laws of the host country why shouldn't they be held to the laws of their own?

And by the way, I know Linda and her comment was made in jest.

October 7, 2007 at 10:03 AM

I wasn't trying to pick a fight.

I was shocked by the statement and wanted to understand it and clarify it. The jesting in it didn't come through clearly.

October 7, 2007 at 3:01 PM

I've been out of town for a week, but now I am back and will reply to the comments about killing a family. This article was a "food for thought" article and I am pleased with the responses that have ensued from it. My thought on killing families was not literal to the point of actually killing the innocent, but in terminating the guilty. Have the guilty pay for their deeds as they would be punished by the laws of their lands.

Another thought however does occur to me in this train of thought. If the children are following in their father's footsteps, as in the case of Saddam, then yes terminate the family, as they will only continue to exterminate the innocent and prey upon the weak and pick a fight with others, causing senseless deaths to innocents themselves. If they are young they perhaps need to be watched for future activities as the anger of the young often return to avenge their parent.

October 14, 2007 at 8:17 AM

Whoa! Heated. Glad we went through all the hoops, became legal US citizens, and vowed never to become a burden on anyone. Self sufficient is the name of the game.

October 17, 2007 at 11:11 AM

Post a Comment